Children’s Theatre Performance and Education Summer and School Year Apprenticeship
Summer Apprenticeship Information is below. Our School-Year program will be on-line by February 25th
The Apprentice will:
- Understudy in the Bay Area Children's Theatre summer main stage show with guaranteed public performances.
- Assistant direct musical theatre summer camp as part of our Education Program with children ages 5-12.
- Other tasks to support the organization as needed.
Training and Support
Apprentices will attend monthly trainings taught by BACT staff and other Bay Area theatre professionals.
The Performance and Education Summer Apprenticeship is a full-time position that runs from beginning of June until the end of August. Interns should maintain daytime availability Monday-Friday, as well as Saturday and Sunday for possible performances.
- Enrolled in a college theatre program or equivalent professional experience.
- Theatre education and experience working with youth highly valued.
- A driver’s license and access to a car is a must.
- MUST LOVE KIDS!
$500/month, plus $80 monthly gas stipend. Housing is not provided.
Application Deadline: April 15, 2017
Auditions: Submit video to email@example.com. Video needs to include 1 minute comedic monologue and 16 bars of an upbeat musical theatre song (a cappella is fine). We will schedule interviews after video submissions. .
Interviews in early April.
- Sign up for an audition slot ASAP. Auditions occur March 13 & 14 - BEFORE the Application Deadline.
- E-mail the following attachments to Nina Meehan at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line "Apprenticeship Application for [Your Full Name]":
- Application - CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION PDF.
- Cover letter – Please let us know why you think you would be a strong candidate, what previous experience makes you one, your long term career goals and what you would want to learn during your apprenticeship.
- Resume – outline your theatrical background, as well as your experience working with youth. Please include an acting resume and headshot.
This position requires an in-person audition and interview in California. We will be in touch shortly after the application deadline to schedule your interview.