Mission and Board Members
The Bay Area Children’s Theatre, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, serves more than 72,000 children and adults throughout the Bay Area, with main stage performances in Berkeley, Oakland, San Francisco and San Ramon; selected productions in local schools; and classes and summer camps in more than 10 East Bay communities.
To inspire young audiences with imaginative productions, introduce children of all backgrounds to the excitement of live theatre, and create an engaging, entertaining, and educational environment in which children and their families can explore and enjoy the arts.
How We Carry Out Our Mission
- Bring high quality, professional theatre to children and their families, with artists who create vibrant worlds that are intriguing to young audiences
- Encourage young people to explore literature, language, and the arts by producing stage adaptations of great children’s books
- Engage preschoolers in the world of theatre with productions specially designed for them
- Develop and perform exciting new work for the stage
- Reach out to children who might not otherwise experience live theatre with free tickets, special performances for school groups, and touring productions at local schools
- Create touring productions for young audiences nationwide
- Partner with communities to meet the need for theatre education
- Introduce children to the joy of performance through our theatre education program
Board of Directors
Marcia Linn, President